Monday, November 21, 2011

Baller Dude

This morning I had my interview for the Marketing Assistant position, and I think it went pretty well.  I thought I was going to be interviewed by a lady in HR that I had spoken with, but instead was interviewed by 4 other people from different departments, one of whom was the CEO.  That's a little intimidating.  Overall, it went pretty well, though.  It's probably the least awkward I've ever felt in an interview, but I think that's because the people were so nice.  Every time I stuttered through an answer, or found myself talking for several minutes, realizing I was supposed to be answering a question but didn't know where I was going with what I was saying, they just seemed to smile at me like "it's okay, we all make mistakes."  The interview lasted about an hour, and afterwards, I got a call saying they want me to come in tomorrow to eat lunch with the whole department to meet everyone, so I'm assuming that's good.  At this point in the day, I'll be honest, I was feelin pretty dang good about myself.
Unfortunately I was karate-chopped off my high-horse when I got a call from the company I was supposed to interview with at 5:15, saying that they had already hired someone, so my interview was cancelled.  Ouch.  So maybe I shouldn't have called in sick to that interview on Thursday.  Oh well, their loss.


Yesterday, I was so tired from the trip and so consumed with my upcoming interviews, that I didn't even get a chance to give a shout out to Michael & Daniel, who turned 22!  Thankfully, I got to see them about 1 1/2 hours before their birthday, so I got to be a part of a group Happy Birthday serenade to them, but I do feel bad about blowing them off yesterday.  So Happy Birthday (a day late) Michael & Daniel!!  They are my favorite twins, behind the Olsen twins, of course, but way ahead of Tia and Tamara Mowry, and in my book, that's pretty dang good.



No comments:

Post a Comment