Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Andy & Oscar in 2012

As many of you know, I hate politics.  I guess it's not really fair that I say I hate politics, I hate when people discuss politics.  I just can't handle how people think politics are so black and white.  No matter which side they're on, they feel like the other side is wrong and stupid.  For some reason, politics make people self-righteous, pompous, and closed-minded.  Liberals always think conservatives are ignorant and hypocritical, and conservatives always think liberals are stupid and uneducated.  It's just too much for me.  I have already deleted four Facebook friends because of their overly political statues stating that the other side is "Beyond Stupid", and we still have a year until the election.  By this time next year, I'll probably be left with like six Facebook friends, and they'll be the fake ones like Jem and Kyle Field.  So all of that to say I didn't watch the Republican debate tonight.  Politicians irritate me, no matter which side they land on, because they're never held accountable to all the crap they say, so it's just worthless for me to listen to their promises.  So imagine the unadulterated joy and glee I felt when I came across this.  I could look at it every single day and it would make me laugh each and every time.

I had a crazy craving for chocolate chip cookies tonight, but realized I needed more butter in order to make them, so I ran to Walmart to get butter and vanilla pudding (secret ingredient to my cookies).  As I was checking out at the UScan, I was disgusted by the family checking out beside me.  The mother and father were morbidly obese.  No judgement there, I could care less about the size of their bodies.  Both mother and father were wearing shorts and tshirts with NO JACKETS.  FYI, it was 30 degrees and windy at the time.  Here's what really set me off.  They had their young baby in just pants and a short sleeve shirt.  I came so very close to lecturing them.  Here's the thing, you're an adult, and you're a large lady, so if you want to wear shorts to show off your Eeyore ankle tattoo when it's 30 degrees, that's your prerogative.  But your FOUR MONTH OLD daughter is not equipped to handle below freezing temperatures with so little clothing. NOT OKAY.  Seriously, what makes people so terrible?

I took Andy to the vet today for his rabies shot, and the vet informed be that he had "lost his waist", so he was getting close to being overweight.  I know it's stupid and irrational, but I took this very personally.  What the vet said was "he just needs to lose a little weight" but what I heard was "You are a worse dog owner than you are woman and you should never be allowed to take care of another life."  It hurt.  It's no big deal, and it's an easy fix, but it's been bothering me more than I should admit.  I'm going to blame it on my period, but I have a feeling I'd be this bummed no matter what stage of my cycle I'm in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment