Sunday, November 20, 2011

And We're Back

We got back today after our quick trip to Colorado this weekend, and were greeted by some miserable weather.  Those Colorado people are so spoiled because when it was 30 degrees there it felt like 45, but when it's 30 here, it feels like 10.  We were watching the thermometer on the car as we drove home, and the lowest we ever got was -4.  The highest we got was 27.  Oy.  Not great.  BUT we got home safe and sound, despite lots of snow and ice on the road, so I guess I should shut up and stop complaining.  When we got to Ft. Collins on Friday, Jacob and I were thrilled with how quickly the trip had gone and kept saying "this is such an easy drive, we should come back again soon."  What we did not take into account was  how miserable the return trip would be with only North Dakota to look forward to and only each other as company.  Jacob was super grouchy because I tried to get him to listen to an audiobook (the horror!), and I was grouchy because I started my period right before we got into the car.  That's right, I'm on my period again, even though my last one was only 12 days ago.  Just another reason why Jacob's the luckiest man in the whole universe.

Tomorrow I have both of my interviews, one at 11 and the other at 5:15.  I'm pretty nervous, but I'm also just ready for them to be done, so that I can dwell on all the awkward things I say and the faces I make.  I find that the best way to feel terrible about myself is to go over an awkward conversation no less than 25 times in my head, so that I can realize how uncomfortable I really am.  For many reasons, I'm really hoping that one of these jobs works out--no more interviews, making some money, putting something on my resume, etc.  Most of all, I'm ready for an actual answer to the question "So what do you do all day while Jacob's at work?  Don't you get so bored?!"  If you knew me, you'd know that my one true love is television, with whom I never tire of spending time.  But if you're going to make me feel guilty about it, I guess I'll try to get a real job.  My goal is to be employed, so that days like this, when my cramps are insane and I'm a total sourpuss, I can just say:

When we picked up the dogs on the way into town today, they gave me exactly the reaction that I was hoping for.  There were two VERY happy tails, and some serious whines in the time it took to get the kennel door open.  Both dogs brought me a toy, Oscar because he always brings his Kong out of his kennel, and Andy because he was showing off that he hadn't destroyed his monkey.  As I was gathering the things out of the kennel, Andy was strutting back and forth in front of the only other cage that had a dog in it.  If I spoke dog, I know I would have heard Andy say "Oh yeah, my Mom and Dad are here, so I get to go home and lay wherever I want.  Sucks that no one's picking you up."  Sometimes he is such a jerk.  Poor Oscie is still recovering from being away from us this weekend, and spending so much time outside in the snow.  He has slept since the moment we walked in the door, most of that time wrapped in blankets.  Poor guy doesn't know he's going to be boarded the next two weekends also, and I don't have the heart to tell him that...

Well I probably need to go take a shower so I don't smell like Burger King in this interview tomorrow.  Pray for me that I'm able to form real sentences,and that I ask good questions.  Also. that my cramps go away so I'm not clutching my gut in pain the whole time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment