Monday, September 19, 2011

TV Time

Well it's football season, and I forgot how much that effects my television viewing.  Jacob is not much of a tv watcher normally, so most nights I just turn on whatever I feel like watching while Jacob shakes his head in judgment (I'm not proud I watch Dance Moms either!).  Now that football has started again, I'm remembering why we had two tvs in our house.  Don't get me wrong.  I love college football, and I'm really fine with watching games all day Saturday.  Mostly because it's the only time Jacob is fine with laying around, watching tv, eating junk and not being "productive."  Also, I get really into the games that are on that week's pick 'em, because I want to know that I'm beating Tom at picking football games.  NFL on Sundays, however...ugh.  I'm just not into NFL football.  Unless I get to see Michael Vick get murdered on national television, it's just not interesting to me.  Tonight Jacob was watching a game, while he was using our computer (for TexAgs I'm sure) AND working on his laptop.  When I asked him if I could either change the channel or use the computer, it was like Sophie's Choice.  He ended up letting me use the computer, but asked me to check weather.com to see if a storm was coming.  Why he couldn't check that on the laptop he was using is beyond me, but the additional open tab was too much for our 7 year old computer and dial-up internet connection, so of course the computer froze.  So then I was back to watching the football game while Jacob worked on his laptop.  It just gets....boring here.   Now that Jacob's in bed, I can watch alllllllllllll the tv I want.  Unfortunately there's nothing good on, so I've been watching old SNLs for the last two hours.  And most likely, I'll put on Friends in a little bit. UGH.  UPDATE:  I did put on Friends, but it was the first season and too terrible to even keep on for background noise, so I turned it off.  Small victory.  But the great news is that all my shows start up this week!  Modern Family, Glee, Community, Parks & Rec, The Office, 30 Rock- I can't wait.  I hate that we don't have dvr here, though.  Modern Family comes on when we're at our Bible study, and I have a feeling I'll want to watch 30 Rock and Parks & Rec at least 6 times each. 

For some reason, my weird mood funk has continued.  I have no idea what's causing it, but I don't think it's the 10 hour period I got on Saturday that never came back.  Although maybe it is.  This is the time when my mom would point out how horribly imbalanced my hormones are, thanks to my erratic periods.  If myspace still existed, I'd set my mood to "weirdsies"  or "hurumph."  Maybe I need a little retail therapy.  My plan tomorrow is to go buy Bridesmaids on blu ray. I might just watch it like ten times.  On an unrelated note, I just got really bad heartburn.  How is that possible since the only thing I've eaten in the last three hours is saltines?

Finally, I'd like to give a big shout out to my brother-in-law, Michael.  He's totally famous, and the local news featured him in a story about the OSU game ticket pull.  If you're interested in reading the article or seeing the news clip, go here.  You totally should, because Michael's a legit baller.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment