Thursday, September 15, 2011

Pouty McGrumpster

It's gonna be a loooooooooong winter, friends.  It was pretty cold today, I think the high was like 50, and it was super windy.  When the dogs woke me up for their morning potty trip, it was pretty miserable, but only made worse when the wind blew Oscar's pee back onto my legs.  Great way to start the day.  Every time I took the dogs out today, I could feel the anger boiling inside me as gusts of wind would hit me in the face and the cold would sting my ears.  I think I yelled aloud between 5 and 8 times, mostly just screams of frustration, but one time yelling "I HATE YOU!"  I'm not sure who I was talking to, but it was cathartic until I realized there was a crackhead from the apartment complex next door watching me. I just shrugged and said "you don't know me!".  Jacob had a flag-football game tonight, and when I was making dinner he asked me if I was planning on coming. But as I'm thinking boy, you must be outside your brain, he said he didn't expect me to go because it was so cold.  At this rate, with my increasing irritability and attitude, I think I could easily be cast for an episode of Bridezillas.  This weather has just got me in such a FUNK.  And it's only September.  That's really bad, you guys.  I've just been walking around frowning all day and generally being annoying, but I can't help it.  It's like, there are days when I think I'm easy to be married to. Then there are days when I'm realistic....Thankfully Jacob is a patient and forgiving man. 

It shouldn't surprised any of you to hear that I went to Walmart today.  I did my grocery shopping, so hopefully I won't be back for several days.  While I was there, I think every oilfield worker was shopping with me.  At one point, I got behind this guy at the deli, who is probably the same age as me.  When I pulled my cart up behind him, he gave me a really smarmy smile and some cornball laugh.  You know, because being at the deli counter together is amusing.  The lady working at the deli asked him how he wanted the meat sliced, to which he responded "I don't know, surprise me" and then looked back at me and winked.  Heavens, how did he know my one weakness is a man who is easy-going about his lunch meat?  As he walked away, he tried to give me a cheesy "see you later" to which I replied "nope".  You know nothing about me, guy.  I know that you don't care how thick your chopped ham is, and you know that I'm good at rolling my eyes.

So tomorrow is going to be a great day because my sister is having her baby boy!!!!  If her other two boys are any indication of how awesome this little guy is going to be, I'm going to be the luckiest aunt ever.  I have to say, I've got pretty much the greatest nieces and nephews ever.  And if they wanted to color me pictures or write me letters, that would be fine, too.  *hint, hint, sisters 

Because of my terrible mood, I don't have much to say today, but I'll leave you clothes to drool over.  I was looking over more collections from Fashion Week when I came across the Jenny Packham collection.  I love her stuff, so there's not much more to say about how great I thought it was, but this was the standout to me.  I LOVE it.
Another collection I was super excited to see was Oscar de la Renta.  To see the collection, go here, it's definitely worth the look. A couple dresses stood out to me, though, and I'm really looking forward to seeing them in editorials over the next several months. I'm just gonna say it, January Jones, you need to wear this dress:

I also went through Monique Lhuillier's collection.  Normally her stuff is really pretty, nothing groundbreaking or revolutionary, but really pretty.  I don't know what to say about this collection except that it felt....familiar.  If this collection had been on Project Runway, I think Nina would have dinged it for being a bit too referential.  For example, one dress really stood out to me as being very similar to Michael Kors.  I don't know, you tell me.
Here's the Monique Lhuillier Spring 2012 Dress
Here are two Michael Kors dresses.  The red one is from his 2011 Pre-Fall Collection, the orange one is from 2004.
I get that her neckline's different and the belt is more of a thick band, but they seem pretty similar, no?  Plus, she followed up the white dress with a red dress with similar banding that was the same red as the Kors 2011 dress.  Ehhh what do I know.  Thoughts?  Opinions?  Wishing you had someplace fancy to be?  Me too, pal, me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment