Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Pretty Boring Over Here

I woke up this morning to find a totally jacked computer, frozen with some sort of error message.  Thankfully Jacob's a hero, and he was able to fix it.  I still don't really get what happened, but apparently some piece from inside fell off.  Jacob was able to glue it back on, and now I'm just hopeful it doesn't fall off again.  I was without a computer all day, up until right now, and now I know what addicts feel like for the first two days of detox.  Let's just say it was a rough day and I have been very, very grumpy.

I drove by the house today and saw that MIRACLE OF MIRACLES there were workers there.  I'm hoping to take some pictures tomorrow to put on here so you guys can see the progress.

Other than that, it was a pretty uneventful day.  I did see Cyndy's mom at the gym today, and I almost walked up to her to tell her that her daughter ruined my dinner last night.  But I'm fairly certain I'd get kicked out of the gym, and that's basically the only thing that keeps me sane in this town. 

I should mention, much to Dana's chagrin, I watched Scream 4 today.  Here's the thing.  I've always been a sucker for the Scream movies.  When I was in fifth grade (?), Hunter and I got to fly to Ft. Worth (?) to visit Angie and Lane.  It was super cool, and it was so much fun just to hang out with them for the weekend.  I remember Hunter ate like 15 pudding cups that weekend, and Angie and Lane took us to rent movies.  Angie and I wanted to get Romy & Michelle's High School reunion, but they were all out (I still have never seen that), so instead we got Scream and Jurassic Park 2, or whatever it was called.  We got through the first scene in Scream, where Drew Barrymore gets killed (SPOILER ALERT), and I was pretty freaked out.  They were really nice about it, and turned it off and we put on Jurassic Park. Even though I was too scared to watch the movie, I still have really good associations with it because of the time with Angie and Lane.  Then in 8th grade, Kimmie and I watched Scream, probably while eating stuffed crust pizza from Pizza Hut.  Ever since then, it's just been one of those scary movies that's cheesy, but I enjoy.  It's definitely a guilty pleasure.  I recently watched Scream 3.  It was terrible, but I was trying to get myself into the mood for when Scream 4 came out on Bluray.  A couple of days ago, I saw it was available and moved it to the top of my queue.  To prepare, I watched Scream yesterday.  When I got the movie in the mail today I was pretty excited.  I have to say, it wasn't that bad.  Hayden Panetierre was insufferable, of course, and I was very distracted by the extensive botox Courtney Cox has had done.  It was cheesy and predictable, but overall, it entertained me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment