Wednesday, October 12, 2011

House Pictures

Today I went by the house, and there were workers there!  Two days in a row!  That's like seeing 25,000 shooting stars at the same time.  I took a few pictures of the house, but didn't want to get much closer, as the the workers seem concerned by my presence.   Yes, okay, I drive by multiple times a day, slow down, and sometimes swear in frustration, but it's my house!  I'm allowed to drive by and act creepy as often as I want!  Anyways, here are the pictures. 
 



Also, I picked out the brick that's going to go on the garage.  It will be on either side of the garage doors, and will start at the ground and go up 3 feet.  It's just an accent, but I'm excited because we don't have to pay for it!  Baller!  Here's the brick.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again:  I like to plan the color palette of my home around Andy.

I made Puppy Chow this weekend, and tonight Jacob finished it off and pointed at the crazy amount of powdered sugar left in the bag.  As he tossed out the empty bag, he said "boy I'm gonna be hyper tonight!"  I told him I doubted it, since I've been with him for 6 1/2 years, and the only time I can remember him being hyper is the time I gave him some Midol.  Let's reminisce, shall we?  Dana, you can back me up on this.  My sophomore (?) year of college, we were all hanging out at the boys house.  The way I remember it, Jacob had a headache, and the only thing I had to give him was Midol.  A while later, we were all watching Mythbusters, or something equally boring, and several of us had dozed off.  I woke up first, seeing Jacob running around the furniture in circles.  Everyone else proceeded to wake up and saw it too.  The only thing that makes sense to me is that the caffeine in the pill was too much for sweet little Jacob and it made him hyper and silly.  He said tonight that he had been drinking, and so he was just being silly, but I don't remember that.  I just remember him feeling bad and reluctantly taking one of my pills.  So far the puppy chow has not had the same effect on him, which is too bad, because I could use the entertainment.  

I'm almost done with the book I'm currently reading, The Confession, by John Grisham.  The bad news is that I forgot that I'd read it before, so I was reading the first paragraph and was like "aww crap, I've read this already", but the good news is that since my memory is awful, I forgot what happened!  Anyways, I'm getting close to needing a new book to read, because I HAVE to read at night.  I think I might try to venture to the public library tomorrow.  I'm more than a little scared, but it might be worth a shot.  Honestly, I doubt they'll give me a library card since I don't have a photo id with a local address, but I'm going to try my darndest.  Does anyone have any good book suggestions?  Bear in mind the library here probably only consists of books on Hunting and a lot of Tom Clancy books.  What I would give for a Half Price Books....

Sometime this week I'm planning on making pumpkin chocolate chip muffins (if I can ever borrow the muffin tin from my neighbor), and I'm kind of dreading it.  I'm making them for Jacob because he LOVES the ones his mom used to make.  I'm fairly certain he won't like them as much as he likes hers.  Normally, I don't bake anything his mom does because I'm the worst at baking, and I don't think he wants sugar cookies that I accidentally spiced with chili powder.  In fact, I refuse to make zucchini bread, because Jacob's mom makes it and he LOVES it.  He finally got a big enough craving for it last year that he just made it himself.  I gotta say, it felt really good to weasel out of making it.  Sooooo I'm a little worried that these muffins aren't going to turn out the best and then he'll be like "hmmm I wonder how my mom makes them."  I'll keep you updated. 



2 comments:

  1. A fun and entertaining game to play with Jacob, and one of my fondest college memories, is making him mystery shots. Just mix anything you want into a shot glass, including but not limited to worcestershire sauce, tobasco, syrup, and liquor, and then he drinks it. Dude is a baller at mystery shots. Also you should read Hunger Games if you haven't already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES!!! We were just talking about his mystery shots the other day! Also, I do have some $5 Brandy I need to get rid of, and I just bought soy sauce...seems like we have some fun ahead of us. I have read Hunger Games, and I am (not patiently) waiting for the movie to come out. It's gonna be baller.

    ReplyDelete