Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Today=Ugh

Not gonna lie, today was a pretty frustrating day at work.  I had only been there about thirty minutes and was sorting through emails (only 3 out of 54 applied to me), when one of my coworkers told me that they had decided to go ahead and order an identical prenatal book to the one I was copying, rather than use what I spent two weeks writing.  I know it probably makes more sense to just buy the rights to the book and pay for printing it, it just feels really crappy.  Not only was it a total waste of my time, but it just makes me feel like I did a crappy job, even though I know I didn't.  So much for feeling like I was actually accomplishing anything.  I think tomorrow will be a busy day because I'm being trained on a bunch of stuff, which is of course giving me major anxiety.  Ugh.  Can't every day just be about talking and eating meat and cheese?!

Today after work, I decided to do a class at the gym I've never tried, Boot Camp.  It was a pretty rough hour, but an awesome workout.  We did probably 200 squats with weights and like 75 push ups.  Just sitting here typing, I can feel the muscles in my arms shaking.  Something tells me it's going to be tough getting out of the bed in the morning...

I was thinking the other day I should list my New Year's Resolutions, but then I totally forgot.  Prior to this year, I have had the same resolution each year: lose weight.  Of course, I never did lose any weight, but that didn't stop me from trying since about sixth grade.  This year, I've given up on losing weight.  Not because I don't need to, but because I'm realistic.  So instead, I've made myself a list of resolutions that I actually think are attainable:
  • Watch more Saved by the Bell--in hindsight, we should have all predicted that Mario Lopez would grow up to be a total d-bag
  • Eat at Applebees more frequently--my only attempt at assimilating to life in North Dakota
  • Stop sharing my yogurt with Andy
  • Straighten my hair no less than 10 times--I think I only wore my hair down about 8 times this year
  • Trick Jacob into getting me a gift certificate for a massage--in 7 years together, it's never worked
  • No late fees at the library
  • Sweat less--this is probably out of my control.  Unless I botox my armpits, which I am NOT ABOVE
  • Participate in a flash mob--This probably won't happen, but if it does, I want the song to be either Montell Jordan's "This is How We Do It" or Soul for Real "Candy Rain"
URGENT:  I've just discovered that The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is not being shown on any of the three screens in the theater in town, BUT FREAKING ALVIN AND THE CHIPMUNKS IS.  THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE, DICKINSON.  All I wanted to do over Christmas break was to see this movie with Huntie, Dana, and Tom, and that never happened.  Is it too much to ask for me to go see it alone this weekend?!  I guess I'll just have to squeeze it in when we go back to Houston in a few weeks for Daniel & Hannah's wedding when I have a few spare hours.  If if wasn't the most boring drive ever, I'd be tempted to drive myself to Bismarck this weekend to go see the movie. 


No comments:

Post a Comment