Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Ultrasound and Cakes

Okay quick update before I do my Jersey Recap.  Today was the ultrasound on the lumps I have in my chest.  It went fine.  As fine as can be when you you're laying topless on a table for half an hour and someone is spreading goo on your chest.  It's just such an uncomfortable and awkward experience.  I'm glad it's over with, that's for sure.  Anyways, I don't know anything about the lumps yet.  The ultrasound tech doesn't give you any feedback, so I have to wait for my doctor to call me, hopefully tomorrow or Thursday. 

So I just finished decorating my cakes for the cake contest at work tomorrow.  Yes it is 11:15 pm.  Yes, I still have another blog post to do...Anyways, we're doing this contest at work tomorrow.  There are three categories, Best Theme Decorated, People's Choice, and Most Unexpected.  I can't tell you how badly I want to win that Most Unexpected.  I want it more than I could possibly say.  So here's what I did.  I did one cake for my own amusement, and one that I think people will like.
We're in our centennial year this year, so it's a centennial cake contest, so for this first cake, I just tried to do a Scrabble board with lots of buzzwords about the hospital.
 It's not the best, but it's the best I could do without giving myself carpal tunnel and taking 17 years off of my eyes.
This next cake...is my pride and joy.  This is where I want "Most Unexpected."  I know I won't win because no one has the same sense of humor as me, and no one really cares about pop culture like I do, but everytime I see this one I laugh.
I know I'm biased, but honestly, I'd vote for this 10 out of 10 times in a "Most Unexpected" category.  I'm just saying right now, if I lose, we know even more than we did before that this town sucks.  Obviously the effort isn't really in this one with the decorating, but I promise you there is heart and soul in this cake.  And a heck of a lot of sass from Sophia.


Okay, it's time for me to write this New Jersey wrap up.  Also, tomorrow, I'm thinking I might do a quick favorites list from the Met Gala last night.  I LOVE Met Gala time because it's fancy dresses and ridiculous fashion, so be on the lookout for that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment