Monday, December 12, 2011

Last Free Day? Snoozeville

Well I totally wasted my last non-working day.  I went to Walmart, ran, and then spent most of the rest of the day on the phone with DirecTv.  It was foggy and really cold today, so maybe that's what had me in a funk, but I just didn't feel like doing anything.  I took the dogs for a walk, even though it was only 20 and there was frost in the air.  The trees all looked really pretty because the frost just sat on the branches, so they looked like fake, flocked Christmas trees.  Unfortunately the frost is not so beautiful on me.  Once again, the snow got in my eyes, and melted my mascara off without me realizing it.  I just got back from the bathroom, and realized that for the last four hours, I've had black lines under neath my eyes, and also in my eyebrows.  It was pretty obvious and looked like maybe a six year old had tried to draw eyeliner on me. 
Somehow, Jacob did not say one word about it.  Not one.  He came home from work and we sat and talked for like 45 minutes, and he didn't say anything.  I don't know if he really didn't notice or if he was afraid to say anything, but come on!  You can't think that this is what I was going for.  Maybe the whole winged eyeliner thing has him rethinking my makeup strategy.

Last night for dinner I made a new recipe that I was a little apprehensive about.  They were Spicy Bean & Rice Burritos, and they were vegetarian.  I really REALLY wish I could be a vegetarian.  I have been wanting to do it forever, the problem is I live for sandwiches, and I hate beans.  I try to make one thing each week that doesn't have meat in it, but that's pretty tough to do for us.  Despite these burritos consisting almost entirely of beans, I actually thought they were pretty good, mostly because they didn't taste like beans.  I added quite a bit extra of the adobo sauce for flavor, and they were pretty spicy.  Jacob really loved them, so I'm sure I'll make them again, if for no other reason than me being able to say "no animals were harmed in the making of this meal." 

Well, tomorrow's the big day.  Surprisingly I'm not that nervous, yet, although I know I won't sleep very well tonight.  Tomorrow is just all day HR stuff, so I'm hoping it just goes by really quickly. 



No comments:

Post a Comment