Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy 2012!

Happy new year!! Tonight was a great night. I got to spend the evening with some of my very favorite people in the world (Tom, you were missed), and some pretty baller people I haven't seen since college. There were lots of great moments, but I'd say my favorite was listening to Biff explain how Jay Z has done more for civil rights than anyone else. MLK? Rosa Parks? Wannabes. Amateurs. It was pretty incredible.

2011 was a pretty wild year for us and I'm really hoping 2012 is less exciting. And by exciting I mean emotional and gypsy-filled.
Highlights of the year:
* The birth of sweet baby Joey. I can't believe he is already seven months old! I still have the text from Christine saying that her water broke and they were headed to the hospital.
* The birth of little baby Jack. That sweet boy always has the sweetest smiles.
* Volunteering at the animal shelter. Miserable, hard work but really gratifying.
* Running the half marathon. I've already got the itch to do another one.
* Dana's visit before we moved. In one night, we saw Bridesmaids, Teeth, and Human Centipede while drinking buttery nipples and amaretto sours. There was a lot of laughing.
* Trip to South Dakota. Going on a three hour hike in perfect weather almost makes living in North Dakota bearable.
* Trip to Colorado. Even though we were there for a sad reason, it was so awesome to hang out with Jacob's family and celebrate the life of his grandmother.
* Engagements of Daniel & Hannah and Michael & Kayla. Daniel and Hannah are only a few weeks away from their wedding and I am so excited. Both Daniel and Michael picked amazing girls and I'm so happy they are going to be in our family.

I hope 2012 is a great year for you and your family. Here's hoping the Mayans were wrong and we make it to 2013.

2 comments: