Sunday, December 11, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY QUNNIE!

Technically I'm about 40 minutes late on this one, but I did want to do a birthday shout-out to my dad.  I got to talk to him a little bit earlier, and sufficiently grossed him out talking about my swollen ear.  HEH.  Oh Quinn.  You gotta love him. 
My dad is easily one of the biggest cornballs I know, which is my favorite thing about him.  I don't think a single day goes by that Jacob and I don't laugh about something my dad has done, said, or says regularly (I'm on the internet.....WHO PICKED UP THE PHONE?!).  Sisters, I really think we need to get a list of the best Dad stories, because it would be epic.  When Angie told me the story of him falling off the roof into the holly bushes, I nearly wet my pants.  Same for when he fell asleep on the toilet and broke it. 
The first winter after I bought my first car (Peach), my dad was driving it to work, and I remember one day we had a crazy snowstorm, and he showed up at our house without the car.  I asked him what happened, and he casually said "Oh, I left it on Battlefield [a major road in Springfield with ZERO street parking] while I went into a Japanese steakhouse to eat.  When I came out, it was so covered I couldn't find it, so a man I met in there brought me home.  Don't worry about it, babe.  Peach is a snowdog."  WHAT!?  I still don't really understand what happened there, and how he ended up parking my car on a busy road, but he wasn't worried about it.  Until I got rid of that car last year (RIP Peach), every winter, Dad would remind me how I didn't' have to worry about the car, because she was a snowdog.
My dad also deserves all the credit for talking me down from the most ridiculous panic attack I've ever had in my life.  I have never freaked out like I did before my wedding, and thankfully my dad was ready to ham it up to make me laugh.  If he wasn't willing to act like such a dork, I honestly think I would've fainted.  I'd like to think he was emotional too, but when the photographer asked us to take a fun picture together right before we walked down the aisle, he did this:
FYI, he's holding up six fingers.  For six daughters that have gotten married, I guess.  I don't know, it's the face I love more than anything.  If only he'd done the classic horseface, I think I'd blow this picture up poster-size.  At our reception, Jacob and I had our first dance, followed by my dance with my dad.  Even though I kept telling him I can't dance, the second that music started, he was off and dancing faster than I could keep up, hammin it up for the crowd. 
I may avoid him at all costs when he's carving a turkey, doing home repairs, or working on Christmas lights, but he's still an awesome Dad and I'm lucky to have him.  LOVE YOU DAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment