Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Excuse to Use Funny Pics

This is going to be a short post because I'm super exhausted.  Unfortunately for everyone around me, this is the SECOND day in a row that I have not gotten a nap, and things are starting to get real.  I didn't sleep very well last night thanks to some pain in my leg and a couple of scary dreams, so I plan on an early bedtime tonight.  Also, Jacob will be gone most of tomorrow evening on a Lowe's run to Bismarck, so I'll probably do a nap tomorrow afternoon AND early bedtime.  Honestly, if I was bed-ridden, I think I'd get by okay.

Well it's been a week since the season finale of Dance Moms and I'm already totally missing it.  Not only that, but I'm missing the bump it gave my blog hits.  Not gonna lie, it feels pretty awesome to see that 100 people have clicked through to read the Dance Moms Finale Breakdown.  That's how you know you're really tackling the meat of what's going on in the world.  So now that it's over, I'm not sure what I'm going to do.  Looks like I need to find another show to blog about, but I don't know what else could be as entertaining/over the top as Dance Moms.  Any suggestions?  I know Dance Moms: Miami is an option, I just feel like those people might be trying a bit harder than what I appreciate.  I like a natural, unexaggerated crazy.  Anyways, I need to figure out what the heck I'm going to blog about.  If you've got any ideas or suggestions, send them my way.

Presented without any explanation, I give you my current favorite picture, and #1 reason why I love the internet:
 I love it for many reasons, the very least of which is that it reminds me of Gob's terrible syntax, and gives me the excuse to show this clip:

In other news, I'm really hoping to get started on some art projects soon.  I've got some stuff I want to paint for the baby's room and I've had crafting-fever for like 7 months, so I really want to get on that.  Problem is, we don't have Hobby Lobby in town so I need to wait until I can go to Bismarck to get what I need, which is KILLLLLLLLLLING me.  Dickinson, just man up and get a Hobby Lobby so I can paint my animal pictures!!!!!!  I got told again today that I look pregnant which...I get it it.  I'm gaining weight.  HEARD YOU LOUD AND CLEAR.  But if one more person tells me that this week, I think I'm going to lose it.  I already feel like I look like Jessica Simpson,
and I have 25 weeks to go.  Also I got told today that I looked really tired.  I'll never understand why people say that.  Next person that says that to me is getting the response "you look super sick.  You should go home."  That will get them out of my face.  On an unrelated note, I still haven't made many friends here.  Weird, huh?

Over the weekend, Jacob and I watched Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (the American version), which I had been DYING to see.  Personally, I really loved it.  I thought it stayed true to the book without being too hard to follow (the book is pretty detailed and complex).  Personal opinion, but I thought the casting for this movie was much more believable than the Swedish version.  Don't even get me started on the guy they cast as Mikael in the Swedish version....anyways, I really really liked it.  So much so that I'm considering re-reading the book.  Otherwise I'll probably start The Girl Who Played with Fire this weekend.  Warning to those of you who haven't read the book and are interested in the movie--there are some rough scenes.  They are downplayed for sure from the book (thank goodness), but still rough.  I fast-forwarded through them.  It's certainly not a "fun for the whole family" kind of movie, but I think it's got a great plot.  Anyway, I'd really recommend it to anyone who read and liked the book, or anyone who was interested in it.  It's a long movie, but personally I didn't think it dragged on.  I was prepared to be pretty rude about Rooney Mara since I find her to be so pretentious in real life, but I thought her take on Lisbeth was as charming and witty as that character could be without losing her edge.  Overall, I gave it 5 out of 5 stars on Netflix.

No comments:

Post a Comment