Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Bummer

Well Jacob is totally hogging the computer downstairs and I don't feel like typing on the iPad, so it looks like it might be another blogless night. I mean, I guess it's a good thing since he's paying our medical bills, but still...I actually had pictures to put on there! That'll have to wait till tomorrow I guess.

In other news, I had a doctors appointment today. Everything is pretty good so far. I should be feeling the movement of the baby any day now, though I may have already felt him/her. I don't know. Maybe I'm just really gassy. My blood pressure and the baby's heartbeat (147) were both good and I've gained about five pounds so we're plugging along. I did talk to the nurse about a little lump I found in my breast, and when she did a breast exam she found one in the other one. They are probably just cysts and it's no big deal, but I have to get an ultrasound done on them in a couple of weeks, which is a little scary. Like, I said, it's probably nothing so I'm not even going to worry about it yet. Although my nurse did say to me "I'm not overly concerned about it, but during pregnancy your hormones are so crazy, so if it is breast cancer, it can really flourish"......Well thanks for those uplifting words. On another note, I did NOT anticipate her doing a breast exam when I went into the appointment (despite me bringing it up) so when she had me put a gown on and raise my arm, I felt pretty bad since I forgot to shave my armpits the night before. Doubly upsetting for us both is that she had to start the breast exam by checking my lymph nodes, meaning that she had to feel around my armpits, which were sweaty in addition to being hairy. I'm pretty sure she Purell-Ed the crap out of her hands when she left my room and I can't say I blame her.

Anyways, it looks like these medical bills and insurance explanation of benefits are really a thorn in Jacobs side, so I should probably see if I can help him out at all. More tomorrow, I promise! I found some of my favorite books from when I was little, so I took some pictures of the illustrations and comments I felt were vital I add to the story. I have to say, I knew how to add another layer to the plot, that's for sure. Lots of secrets, lots of characters thinking the opposite of what they're saying. I've always liked a complex story, even if it's about the Berenstain Bears.

No comments:

Post a Comment