Monday, March 12, 2012

Short Update

Sorry it's been so long since I've posted, but it was a really long, draining, and emotionally exhausting weekend. Actually, on Friday, the weekend looked pretty promising. Jacob and I were both starving and I didn't feel like cooking, so he took me to Pizza Ranch, which is probably the most romantic date I can think of. Afterwards, we came home and watched the documentary "Conan O'Brien Can't Stop". It was pretty good, but probably not the best portrayal of Conan. It made me love Andy Richter even more, though, which is pretty impressive. After that was over, Jacob wasn't feeling great so he went to bed and I watched a scary movie by myself. Honestly, I thought it was going to be a great weekend. Saturday, however was rough. Not to go into the whole thing because it's a long story, but basically we went to Bismarck with some friends Saturday and it turned out to be one of the longest days of my life. We left Dickinson around 1:30 and told them we had to be back by 7pm because of the dogs. Fast forward to almost 2 am, and we are pulling into town physically and emotionally exhausted. When the best part of your day is spending 5 hours at Lowes watching 3 guys pick out material for 2 huge decks, it's not been a great day. I'll get into the whole thing another day, when I have more time, but trust me when I say it was a terrible weekend.

In about 7 minutes I'll be pulling my latest experiment out of the oven. I found a recipe for Apple Fritter Bread, which I was super excited about because it sounds awesome, but I should have known it far exceeded my baking abilities. The whole prep process took me like an hour and I'm pretty sure the bread isn't going to turn out right. I'd never even kneaded bread before, so I probably did that wrong, and then once I'd rolled the dough out, I poured the filling over it and that was a crazy mess. Once the bread was in the oven, I spent 20 minutes trying to clean the syrupy apple & brown sugar mess off of my counters. I'll let you know how it turns out, but I'm fairly certain it's going to be bad and it will have been a waste of time. Positive thinking, that's what I'm all about.

Let me just give you a little snapshot of my life right now. I had to go off of my Proactiv, and my face is disgusting. My face hasn't broken out this bad since high school. My hormones are raging a war within me and my skin is losing. I wonder if Jacob realized what he had in store when we got married; an emotional, hormonal monster who bloats and breaks out at the drop of a hat. That's true beauty.

Baking update: just pulled the bread out of the oven and half the dough was still raw. Yep, this is going to turn out great. Definitely not a waste of time. It's baked for 15 minutes longer than it was supposed to and it's still raw dough. Baking is the absolute worst.

No comments:

Post a Comment