Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Baby Art

I have been a busy little bee since Jacob's been gone. At least as far as crafts go. Housework....ehhh not so much. So I finished the set of paintings for the baby's room-they're the three striped pictures with animal silhouettes. The other is just a canvas I'm going to put somewhere in her room. I cut out a bunch (probably like 250) of circles out of paint samples I hoarded from Home Depot and glued them on in rows, staggering them to look like scallops. I'm happy with how it turned out, mostly because it was a SUPER cheap and really easy project. And it was fast. I did the whole thing while watching Crazy, Stupid Love. So yeah, I guess I'm at a standstill with my projects for now. Though there's no telling what I'll come up with in the next two days while waiting for Jacob to come home. I think sometime next week, my mom and I are going to have a sewing day, so I'll get to make the pillow to go with my glider, and we can get started on the curtains for the baby's room, which I am REALLY excited about. One thing is for sure, I need to stay away from any sort of craft store. I've recently developed an obsession for fabric, which has led to two Hobby Lobby trips and one Joann trip THIS WEEK. I don't even know what to do with all the fabric, but it takes all my will power to not be like "I'll take six yards" every time I see a fabric I like. Which is very often. Perhaps Hannah needs to teach me how to quilt, so I can make excuses about regularly needing to buy multiple fabrics of varying prints.

1 comment:

  1. Owl is still my favorite...it's the eyes. lol.

    We can have lessons! :) It's a never ending learning hobby. I still ask questions alllll the time.

    ReplyDelete