Thursday, August 16, 2012

Procrastinating

You may notice this is my second post for the day.  Why, you ask?  Because I have to make my grocery list and go to the store, and I'm doing anything I can to blow that off.  Of probably more importance, I'm supposed to be setting up appointments to meet with Pediatricians for little baby.  And what have I been doing?  Listening to music from Wicked and searching for funny RHONJ pictures.  I think I'm having like the opposite effect of nesting right now.  My house is messy and I'm in denial about things that need to get done.  I'm also thinking about painting my nails.  PRIORITIES PEOPLE.

Jacob was out of town for a bit this week.  He left on Monday and came back last night, so you know what that means.  Crafts.  I finally finished the pillow I made to go with the glider.
 That beautiful black silhouette you see is sweet Oscar.  He wouldn't move when I was trying to take the picture.  Anyways, you get the idea.  It's just a cream pillow with a diamond texture to it.  I'm really happy with how it turned out.  And the project cost me like...$4?  Something crazy cheap.  Also, I decided to do a canvas with an "O" in buttons for Olivia's room.  Quick aside, you guys.  Joann Fabrics is like, the best.  Thanks to Hannah, I'm currently obsessed with it.  I always find the cutest fabric there.  Do I know how to sew?  No.  Does that stop me from buying fabric anytime I go there?  No.  So I bought this pink patterned fabric there the other day to use as the background for the canvas.
The buttons were actually the most difficult part of the project.  In more ways than one, I guess.  I had a REALLY hard time lining up the buttons on the canvas so it looked like an O and the color was fairly well balanced.  That's really not the best project for someone with borderline OCD to do.  But what was really hard was FINDING the buttons.  Do you know how difficult it is to buy a variety of green buttons?!  Harder than you think.  You can get some at Hobby Lobby, but they come in packages of like 3 and they're $2.  That might not seem like much money, but when you need a ton of buttons, that adds up pretty quick.  Anyway, I'm happy with how it looks.  Like I told Dana, I wish I'd had the foresight to turn the canvas sideways and do her monogram rather than just the first letter of her first name, but oh well. Another thing I learned from this project (while putting the fabric on the canvas) is that dogs HATE the sound of staple guns.

Most of you have already seen these, but a couple of weeks ago, we had a friend take some maternity pictures for us.  I have to say, I'm so glad she did it and I LOVE how they turned out.  I'm definitely going to frame one of Jacob and I for the baby's room.  This one is probably my favorite:
 Well, specifically the one on the left is probably my favorite.  Not so much the one on the right, since it looks like I've hatched some evil scheme and am working on luring Jacob into it unknowingly.  At least, that's what I get out of it.  If you want to see more, you can go to her blog.  Thanks again, Tanya!

Last weekend was my baby shower!!!  Hannah and her mom did an AWESOME job with it, and everything was amazing.  We got so much good stuff for the baby, and I am already feeling very overwhelmed by the number of thank you notes I need to write.  I've been writing a few each day, but it just takes me forever!  I spend like 20 minutes on one and then I want to quit.  I'm thinking I might just fill the next several in with a smiling stick figure that's saying "Me likey present" and be done with it.  That's sincere enough, right?  But really, everything was amazing and I'm so grateful to everyone that came and especially to Hannah and her mom for putting on such a great shower.
 FYI, I make VERY expressive faces when I'm happy and/or excited, so.....you can see I very much enjoyed the shower.
Thanks again to everybody! 

So I gave up on my ridiculously long hair.  It was just getting to be too annoying.  Plus it was breaking all of my hair things because it was getting heavy, so I chopped it off yesterday.  I'm gonna be honest, I knew ahead of time that I'd hate whatever the lady did.  And I was right.  I went in with this picture, hoping to get longish layers that would be easy to work with.
 I know she's an Olsen, but I really love her.  Plus she's got like the greatest hair.  So yeah, I knew I wasn't going to come out LOOKING like that, but what I got was...awful.  I look like a dude.
On the plus side, Jacob's always saying he wants me to cut my hair short, so WISH GRANTED.  For real, though, I'm back to looking like Jodie Foster in Freaky Friday, which isn't good for anybody.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment