Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Deep Thoughts

So I've been meaning to write a real post lately, but seeing as Dana is out of town right now and I'm super exhausted, it just hasn't happened. We moved into our new house last Friday (HUZZAH!) and have been going nonstop (or so it feels to my sore feet).

Since I'm too tired to write about anything important, I'll just give you some snippets of what I've been thinking about.

I've been sitting in the recliner a lot over the past few days because it makes my swollen feet feel way better. I'm not sure what it is about that chair, but the second I sit in it, the baby goes crazy. She's always gettin her Bill Cosby on in that chair because my stomach goes full-on Jello Jiggler. It's pretty wild. Also probably kind if gross to look at.

I'd like to apologize to my fellow HEB shopper who was shopping in the pasta aisle with me the other day. I promise, if I had known you were there, I would not have been singing Mariah Carey's "Honey" aloud. My sincere apologies. Also, "Honey" was not playing in the store, so I have no idea why I was singing it since its not 1999.

Andy and Oscar have already become quite accustomed to their new backyard. When I get up in the morning and let them out, they both ignore my instructions to potty and just immediately throw themselves down in the grass to sunbathe. They lie there, faces towards the sun like lions, getting vitamin D. I really think it might be lightening Oscar's fur because I was noticing today that he's become much more brown lately.

My sugar cravings have not gone away. I am constantly thinking about how amazing a snowcone and a doozie from American Cookie Company would be. I'm thinking that may be what I request for my birthday meal. I'll just follow it up with some insulin.

This Friday is Jacob's flex day, which means he will be home all day. Anyone want to estimate how many hours of cleaning will be done? I expect he will start on chores around 7 am and I don't think he will stop until dinner time. I won't say I'm necessarily excited about it.

Some nights when I'm taking my shower, I think of this super depressing story my mom told me once about some friends of hers. The wife was prone to seizures and the husband made her promise to never shower while he was gone in case something happened to her. Well one night she was tired and decided to take a quick shower before he got home. Yada yada yada, she died and it bums me out. She also told me a similar story about a couple who went golfing and the wife got hit by a golf ball to the head. She died too. I pretty much think of that whenever I drive by a golf course. Which blows since we have a golf course in the neighborhood. So if you're ever in need of a good cry, my mom reads the obituaries everyday and I'm pretty sure she could fill a Rolodex with sad stories.

In the last week, I have watched all of season 4 of Breaking Bad. If you're looking for a show to get into and you like (sometimes intense) dramas, I highly recommend it. And if you tell me you'll watch it but haven't had the time, and I find out you're still watching reruns of The Closer (ahem, Tom), I swear I'll cut you out of my life.

Welp. Guess that's about it. Like I said, I would REALLY like to get a real post in one of these days, it's just been busy busy here lately. In the meantime, I'll leave you with this picture of Andy, guarding the house from a comfortable spot in the game room. It's hard being a guard dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment