Saturday, February 23, 2013

Potential Oscar Gowns--UPDATED

Because I use my time wisely, I've spent several hours this week combing through designers' collections to find gowns I really want to see tomorrow.  I did this last year, and what I came to realize is that all the stylists in Hollywood are a bunch of loonies.  I mean, I don't want to tell anyone how to do their jobs, but there were LOTS of amazing gowns I picked out last year that didn't get worn.  Clearly Rachel Zoe and I have different taste.

So here's what I'm thinking.  Since I know the gowns I'M crazy about won't get worn, I'm going to do a list of the top ten I think will get worn tomorrow, and then another list of ten that I'm desperate to see.  {EDIT:  I couldn't get my list down to just ten}  Basically the second list is just all dresses I'd like to have mailed to me.  If you're reading this, Elie Saab, Carolina Herrera or Naeem Khan, please send me a message and I'll gladly message you back with my address.

Alright, let's get to it.

Top 15 Possible Gowns--with 1 bonus!

Badgley Mischka.  Because you know Hollywood loves a shoulder pad.
Elie Saab.  I'm so crazy about this dress, I can't even tell you.
Elie Saab.  I originally loved this for Viola Davis, but as Dana pointed out, it's pretty much made for Julianne Moore.  Good call, Dana.
Carolina Herrera.  I want Renee Zellweger to show up in this and be like "Oh hey, Bradley Cooper.  I didn't even see you standing there."  Get it?  Because she's so squinty.
Monique Lhuillier.  You can't hear me, but I'm chanting "Jessica Chastain" over and over.  And that's not really a name conducive to chanting.
  Jenny Packham.  Yeah, I guess it's kinda boring.
Jason Wu.  Someone will wear this with red lipstick and loose waves and Guiliana will spend 30 minutes talking about how they're so beautiful with their old Hollywood glamor.
J. Mendel.  Someone HAS to wear this, right?!?!?!
L'Wren Scott.  Nicole Kidman should wear this.  Then the light can reflect off her dress AND her frozen face.
Christian Dior.  I'm pretty sure Jennifer Lawrence is contractually obligated to wear something like this.
 Marchesa.  Because we all know there will be some Marchesa. 
Oscar de la Renta.  This may have already been worn to something?  I don't know, it feels familiar.
Zac Posen.  Someone HAS to wear this, but holy cow I am so scared of Coco Rocha. 
Alexander McQueen.  I have to see this dress.  And if it's gotta be on Anne Hathaway, then so be it.
Alexander McQueen.  What if Tilda Swinton showed up and was like "So I heard they're looking for a new Pope..."
BONUS:  Versace.  Because there's a tacky one in every bunch.

Top 10 13 I'm DYING to See

Atelier Versace.  Because sometimes I like tacky things too.  Mostly I just love the color.
Reem Acra.  Maybe it's the lack of sleep, but I feel like this could really look good on somebody tall and skinny, like Stacy Kiebler.
 Monique Lhullier.  It'd be tough to pull off, but I'd love to see someone try.
 Badgley Mischka.  I love this dress, but I have a hard time focusing on anything other than the model's dark armpits.
Jason Wu.  Two words: Naomi Watts
Naeem Khan.  The more I look at this, the more I love it.
Jenny Packham
Naeem Khan
 Reem Acra.  Dana, if I was a really rich person, I'd buy this for you
Monique Lhuillier.  No one wore this last year and I nearly went bananas.
Carolina Herrera.  I ADORE this dress.
Armani Prive.  If I had a chance to wear this dress, but only if I wore the face cage, I'd totally do it.
Carolina Herrera.  I have a confession to make, and I'll only say this once.  I love big, bold print.

No comments:

Post a Comment